Texas Christian University student life
United States of America
Study in United States of America with Texas Christian University
Q. What are the sports activities organized in Texas Christian University?
Ans. Texas Christian University varsity sports have eight men’s and ten women’s squads. Men’s sports include baseball, football, swimming, golf, basketball, track and field, cross country and tennis. Women’s sports include soccer, rifle, equestrian, basketball, golf, cross country, volleyball and tennis.
Q. What Student organizations are there in Texas Christian University?
Ans. The Texas Christian University has over 200 student organizations including Amnesty International, Habitat for Humanity and Invisible Children. Students may involve themselves in various campus ministries like Disciples on campus, a Christian church student group. Other groups are Ignite, catholic community, TCU Wesley, the Latter Day Saint Student Association and Cru. There are some religious groups like Muslim Student Association and Hillel (a Jewish student group).
Q. What are the accommodation options available in Texas Christian University?
Ans. The Texas Christian University provides various residence options to their students. More than half of the university students live on campus. Housing of the university is divided into 16 residence halls. Some of the halls of the university are –
- Clark Hall – first year
- Colby Hall – first year
- Foster Hall – first year
- King & Wright hall- mixed classification
- Milton Daniel hall – mixed classification
- Hays Hall – upper division
- Richards & Arnold Halls – upper division
- FSL Women’s Hall – upper division
Q. How is the student media of Texas Christian University?
Ans. The Bob Schieffer College of Communication of Texas Christian University publishes many student run publications like-
- Skiff x 30 – It is the weekly newspaper of the university
- TCU360.com – online news platform
- Image Magazine – student magazine
- The Horned Frog – School yearbook
- KTCU-FM 88.7 – Radio station
- Eleven40seven – student run undergraduate journal
Q. What are the famous places to visit around Texas Christian University?
Ans. The Famous places to visit around the Texas Christian University are-
- Texas State Capitol
- San Antonio RiverWalk
- The Houston Museum of Natural Sciences
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
- Natural Bridge Caverns
- Galveston-Port Bolivar Ferry
- Fort Worth Zoo
- Waco Mammoth National Monument
- USS Lexington Museum on the Bay
- Lake Texoma
Q. What are the food options available near Texas Christian University?
- Buc Ee's corporate
- Beyond Burger
- Gringo’s Mexican Kitchen
- Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
- Gus’ Restaurant
- Top Water Grill
- Basil House
- Boyd’s Cajun Grill Express
- Taqueria El Jaliciense
- Bases Hamburgers
FUTURE CAREER OPTIONS
Q. What are the career options available in Texas Christian University?
Ans. Texas Christian University helps students to get placement by marketing them to potential employers through workplace tours, international summer internships and employer-sponsored skills awards, degree plus. The University provides dedicated career support services.
Student Faculty Ratio