The University of Birmingham
Based in the heart of the UK’s second-biggest city, University College Birmingham is a specialist university which is highly respected by employers and industry for providing career-focused education and training.
- Most of our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are accredited by the University of Birmingham, one of the world’s top-ranked academic institutions.
- An expanding campus with outstanding facilities to develop your students' industry skills, unrivalled placement opportunities and award-winning teaching staff.
- UCB is a small but culturally diverse university with around 5500 students of whom about 25% are international.
- Affordable international tuition fees.
- A welcoming university, we have a range of support for our international students including English and academic support in addition to support with careers and employability.
- A range of exciting, vocational degree courses designed to get students careers off to a flying start including Hospitality and Culinary Arts, Tourism and Aviation, Business or Finance and Accounting.
- We offer both September and January course start dates at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as pre-sessional English or intensive English language courses.
- Our own UCB accommodation in walking distance of the campus.
The University of Birmingham Background
Founded in 1828, the University of Birmingham is a public research university located Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. University has multiple campuses: Edgbaston campus, Selly Oak campus and Mason College & Queen's College campus. The main campus the Edgbaston campus is located in the south-west of Birmingham city center, Edgbaston. It is a founding member of both the Russell Group of British research universities and the international network of research universities, Universitas 21.
The University of Birmingham Programs, Courses and Schools
The University of Birmingham comprises of 5 colleges which are further divided into schools: College of Arts and Law; College of Engineering and Physical Sciences; College of Life and Environmental Sciences; College of Medical and Dental Sciences; and College of Social Sciences and Liberal Arts and Sciences. The university also has a number of research centers and schools. Some of its top-ranked courses include English language and literature; Linguistics; Education and training; Dentistry; Development studies; Mining and mineral engineering; Social policy and administration; Sports policy and administration; and Theology.
The total student population at Birmingham University is more than 33,000 students. The university has an acceptance rate of 60% and the student to faculty ratio is 17:1.
The University of Birmingham Ranking and USP
The University of Birmingham ranks at number 79th in this year's QS World University Rankings. At Birmingham University the major-minor degrees allow students to concentrate on one subject most of the time but give a taste of a 2nd subject as well. The Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Natural Sciences allows students to design their own program of study based on their interests and strengths. Students are supported to choose modules that fit together into a logical program of study. Depending on the modules chosen, students can keep their options open and choose their Major at the start of their final year.
University of Birmingham Programs
University of Birmingham Application Requirements
Average Academic Score
University of Birmingham Cost of studies
Bachelors: £ 17,640
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific fees.
University of Birmingham Deadlines
Graduate: Deadlines may vary for each program. Please visit program page for specific deadlines.
University of Birmingham Rankings
University of Birmingham Scholarships
1. University of Birmingham Scholarships for International Students
The University of Birmingham is providing 20 International Postgraduate Scholarships worth £10,000 towards the tuition fee of a one year Masters (Taught or Research) program for entry.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
In order to apply:
– One must have been offered a place to study on an eligible one year Masters program at the University of Birmingham.
– One must be overseas for fee purposes.
– One must be attending full-time and on-campus (not distance learning).
– One must have a valid student ID number.
– One must not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source.
– One must have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK (including any associated visa/travel expenses).
– One must be able to pay any outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
University of Birmingham Stats
Student Faculty Ratio
The University of Birmingham,United Kingdom
44 (0)121 414 3344