The University of Bologna is a public university which was established in the year 1088 and is the oldest university in continuous operation, as well as one of the leading academic institutions in Italy and Europe. The university is one of the most prestigious Italian universities and has five campuses: Cesena Campus, Forlì Campus, Ravenna Campus, Rimini Campus, Representación en la República Argentina.
The University of Bologna comprises 11 Schools and more than 30 departments. The eleven schools are: School of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, School of Economics, Management and Statistics, School of Engineering and Architecture, School of Foreign Languages and Literature, Interpretation and Translation, School of Law, School of Arts, Humanities, and Cultural Heritage, School of Medicine and Surgery, School of Pharmacy, Biotechnologies and Sport Sciences, School of Political Sciences, School of Psychology and Education Sciences, School of Sciences.
The University of Bologna has more than 80,000 students, from which 52,787 are undergraduate students, and 29,576 graduates. The university has more than 2,000 Academic Staff.
The University of Bologna also operates a Botanical Garden namely Orto Botanico dell'Università di Bologna and a Museum as well. The university is historically notable for its teaching of canon and civil law.
Notable Alumni: Leon Battista Alberti (Artist, Architect, Author, Poet, Priest, Philosopher), Erasmus of Rotterdam (Scholar), Petrarch (Poet)
University of Bologna Programs
Average Academic Score
Bachelors: € 2,200
Fees may vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific fees.
Deadlines may vary for each program. Please visit the program page for specific deadlines.
University of Bologna Rankings
1. University of Bologna Study Grants for International Students
The University of Bologna awards study grants and full tuition fee waivers to worthy international students who wish to register for First, Single, and Second Cycle Degree Programmes at the University of Bologna.
Eligibility Criteria/ Scholarship Guidelines
Application is open exclusively to candidates who:
International students whose qualifications were attained in an institution outside of the Italian education system, regardless of citizenship
1) Hold qualifications for admission to the chosen First or Second or Single Cycle degree program issued by an institution outside of the Italian education system or in an Italian institute outside Italy, after at least two years of attendance. If the qualification for admission is a one-year title, the previous qualification will be considered too. Qualifications issued by institutions of the Republic of San Marino do not satisfy this condition. The candidate’s citizenship is not considered
2) meet the admission requirements for the chosen degree program or will meet such requirements at the time of registration;
3) Are not current students at the University of Bologna for First, Single or Second Cycle degree programs. Important! Those whose student career (First, Single or Second Cycle degree program) ended within A.Y. 2017-18 for any reason are not considered students. Withdrawals from studies must have been completed before the publication of this call;
4) Have not already benefited from the Unibo Action 2 study grant or from the Unibo Action 1 waiver;
5) Are not 30 years or older as of the deadline of this call.
Via Zamboni, 33,Italy
(+39) 051 2088101